Tile floors are a popular choice not only because it is durable and relatively inexpensive but also because maintaining it is fairly easy. When tiles are maintained well, it could continue to look new for years. Here are a few tips you can follow to keep your tile floors clean and shiny.
- Vacuum or sweep your tile floors as often as possible. This will avoid the dirt from building up which can turn into something that is hard to remove.
- Use warm water when mopping the floor. Remember to mop the floor only after sweeping or vacuuming it first.
- When mopping your floor, add vinegar to the warm water you are using to mop. If you are not satisfied with the results, you can mop the floor after with water and detergent.
- Dry the floor after mopping. This will also avoid small dirt to start building up again.
- When it comes to spillage, clean it up immediately. Liquid can easily absorb into the grout which will make it annoyingly difficult to remove.
- When it comes to spillages that are caused by something that is dirtier, it is best to use disinfectant. An example of this would be pet droppings or when you spill food on the floor. It would be good to remember to limit the use of disinfectant to the affected area only as chemicals in it may stain tile floors.
When it comes to stubborn dirt stuck in the grout, we found a trick that was quite useful and effective.